Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Serge Lutens Chergui

I already own some of the other fragrances in the Serge Lutens line so when Chergui became available as an export I could not wait to try it based on the good reviews. It must have been a bad skin day the first time I tried it as I was underwhelmed. Only on the second try did Chergui reveal it's potent nature and what a delightful experience its been ever since.

One must be in the right frame of mind to enjoy Chergui. It is a powerful fragrance and once on the skin you are committed to it for the rest of the day while the interplay of notes tells its story. The story also subtly changes depending on things like the weather and your mood.

Chergui can never be an everyday fragrance, in fact no fragrance can ever be my everyday fragrance, but with Chergui you need time away from it to fully appreciate its brutish charm.