Monday, May 18, 2009

Guerlain Vetiver

Let me start by saying that I am very weary of vetiver in a fragrance because of its unpleasant reaction on my my skin, becoming cloying and reminding me of b.o. It is fine if it is blended behind other notes but when it moves to the front I run away. My bottle of Guerlain's Vetiver occupies a spot in the back row of my fragrance collection, seldom used, often ignored.

With winter approaching, and cooler days, I have started to wear my less popular fragrances under my shirts as it masks their more undesirable notes and still leaves me feeling properly dressed. Not expecting much I decided to use some Vetiver for a change. The surprise came about 2 hours later when I noticed this divine little fragrance peeking through my shirt. Heavenly. The vetiver is still there but I have to concentrate to catch it.